Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Power of the Mighty Dollar!

We are trying a new reward system with the children. We went to the teacher supply store yesterday and bought a package of fake one dollar bills and told the children that we are calling them Bonus Bucks.

The children can earn Bonus Bucks by doing extra chores or for super good behavior. They can trade them in for all sorts of things such as extra video game time, extra TV time, and special outings. So far we are having great success with them. We got the children little wallets to carry their Bonus Bucks around in to try to minimize them getting lost.
Kevin asked me this morning if he could use one of his Bonus Bucks to buy some time on his 3DS that he got for Christmas. (I hold those things hostage in our bedroom!) This prompted Ben to ask if he could, as well. I told them that chores had to be done first, expecting a meltdown from Kevin and wondering how many Motrin I should take. To my surprise, the boys went and made their beds and fed and watered the pets without complaint! Maybe this was a good idea! I'll keep you posted on how long this works for us. Fingers and toes crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment