Friday, December 9, 2011

Mom does NOT stand for My Own Maid!

One of these days, I will be able to get the children ready for school and out the door without having to search for shoes, belts, or school folders. One of these days, I will be able to drop the children off at school and not have to rush back to the house to get the forgotten notebook or backpack. One of these days, Mom will no longer be an acronym for My Own Maid.
I know what you are thinking. Why do these items not have a set place where they are supposed to be? Well, they do. Backpacks and jackets have special hooks in the hallway, belts have special hangers in the closet, and there are shoe racks on the backs of the bedroom doors for their shoes to hang on. So why do we go on mini scavenger hunts every morning? Good question. That is why I am reorganizing the children's bedrooms (again) while they are at school. That is why, at least in this house, Mom stands for My Own Maid. Now I just need to come up with an acronym for Dad...

No comments:

Post a Comment