Santa lives in New Orleans during the off season
I know many of you will not agree with this, but I told my children the truth about Santa Clause. The response I got that day was a bit unexpected, to say the least. My sons (6 and 9) took it pretty well, but it was my daughter who really floored me. After making my big announcement, she said "Oh good!" Oh good? What sort of response was that for a 5 year old?! Oh good? So I asked her why she said that. Her response was no less surprising. She told me, "Because I don't want some strange man coming in our house while we are sleeping." Simple and to the point, but my jaw was on the floor. So fast forward several weeks, because we can do that on here. My 9 year old son comes to me, with brother and sister in tow, and announces "We have decided that we want to continue believing in Santa." Seriously? What did they do, take a vote? So I ask them what made them change their minds. (You should avoid drinking anything for a moment) "Because we have decided that we need to believe in Santa while we are children. It is an integral part of our youth." WTH?! An integral part of their youth?! Sure, I am about to start grad school to get my PhD in psychology, but I blame this one on The Daddy. Its all his fault. Sure, that works.
No comments:
Post a Comment