The recital went really well. Ben and Kevin sat through the entire performance without incident. Ben had to be reminded to whisper a couple times, but that was it. I was very proud of the boys and how well they handled it WITHOUT their VIDEO GAMES! We went for a little walk after the recital and stopped at Sonic for drinks, which was probably our first mistake.
See, I wanted to get a few pictures of the children and the Christmas lights downtown. I thought the walk would be a good idea for the children. I thought it would burn off some of that seemingly unending energy they have. Well, I DID get some really cute pictures... but it did nothing but get them riled up! I should have known better. Then our Sonic trip made things even worse. The Daddy started to get annoyed when the children kept changing their minds about what they wanted to drink, so he placed our order and got out of the car to go have a cigarette. I showed the children pictures of themselves on my camera, which hadn't been loaded onto the computer in quite a while. That got the children to settle down until their drinks arrived. Once we got home, the children decided that they were still hungry, so we let them get some of the leftover dinner. That is when things began to go really wrong.
The children did not care that it was already after 9, which is an hour past their bedtime, or that they had school in the morning. They wanted food, then they wanted to watch TV and play. By the time we finally got them settled down and in bed, it was well after 10PM. It is now 10:30 and its finally quiet in the house. Rapunzel went to bed with make-up still on her little face from her recital and none of the children brushed their teeth. And in case you were wondering, yes, I did just realize about the tooth brushing while writing this. Does that mean I am out of the running for the Mother of the Year Award? Probably, but at least they are all safely tucked into their beds.
No comments:
Post a Comment