Thursday, December 29, 2011

All Hail the Great and Powerful Melatonin!

We decided to try something new tonight. We gave the boys Sleepytime Tea instead of Melatonin in the hopes that it would help them go to sleep since its much easier (and cost effective) to brew a cup of tea than to have them swallow a pill. No such luck. More than an hour later they were both still awake! They each took a melatonin and were sound asleep within 20 minutes. Needless to say, we will not be trying that again anytime soon. I just hate the idea that they already take medication for their ADHD, so I hate to give them anything else.
So since the tea did not work for the boys, The Daddy and I decided to have some for ourselves. We are both recovering from a nasty cold (I lost my voice for a few days) and the hot tea feels really good on our throats. At least the tea was a good idea for someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment