Thursday, December 8, 2011
Is this kid really from this planet?
I am beginning to think my 9 year old is an alien. Seriously, there is no way a child his age could possibly be this empathetic. He has decided that we need to go through the 2 million stuffed animals that he and his siblings have and donate most of them to the children at the local women's shelter. He said that all children need a stuffed animal to cuddle, especially when their lives are in such a state of turmoil. So, after a wonderful conversation with the manager at one of our community service sites, I have been put in contact with the director of said shelter and have plans to make Ben's idea come to life. All we have to do is gather all of the stuffed animals and take them to a meeting spot so that they can be distributed to the children. Even though he will not get to see the children receiving the stuffed animals, I think this will be a wonderful experience for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment