Saturday, December 31, 2011

I think my son is an alien

Ben has decided that he now likes aliens. Not the scary kind from the movies like I enjoy so much, but the almost cartoonish little green men you see depicted below.

The picture Ben drew on his sister's menu

This new interest came about when he got a Lego set featuring aliens and their space ships for Christmas. What makes this current obsession so funny to me is that my brother LOVED aliens. And by that I mean all things alien. He liked the movies, the little green men, the stories about Area 51, the whole 9 yards. Now Ben has the same obsession. Why is this funny to me? Because Ben never got to meet my brother. My brother dies in a car accident a year and a half before Ben was born.

The picture Ben drew on his own menu

The kid always manages to make me laugh, though. Especially with his "I need milk" bit. Seriously, if I didn't know better, I would swear this child is the reincarnation of my brother. Same sense of humor.
The picture he drew when we got home today
So now I have decided to pass down one of my brother's most prized posessions; a stuffed alien. This alien always held a place of honor in my brother's room and has been safely tucked away all these years. I think I will take the cigarette out of his mouth, though. It might send the wrong message to the children.
The smoking alien

No comments:

Post a Comment