Thursday, April 5, 2012

Mom does not stand for My Own Maid... or maybe it does

It's official, our household has the Plague. Okay, maybe not really, but it sure feels like it lately. Honestly, I'm getting really tired of all the sickness running rampant in this house. The Daddy got home Saturday night, just in time for Kevin to be running fever of 105.5 degrees. That was some scary s#*!. Then I started running fever Sunday night, which left my poor husband taking care of sick Kevin and sick me while dealing with two healthy children as well. What a welcome home, huh? So after three days of fever, Kevin felt better and went back to school but I continued to sleep for two days. Now poor Rapunzel has fever and Kevin's fever came back, though not near as high as it was the first day. I'm feeling better, so at least I'm well enough to help with the sick children. We have fingers and toes crossed that Ben and The Daddy don't get sick, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.
The funny thing about everyone getting sick is that Kevin acts completely different. The Daddy even forgot to give him his medicine the other day because he was so calm. It's funny how ADHD and Asperger's seem to go on vacation when the child is sick. And they all seem so little when they are sick, no matter how big they actually are.
So now I'm off to take drink orders and check temperatures. It looks like Mom stands for My Own Maid, at least for the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment