Monday, April 23, 2012

Cinnamon Tooth Paste to the Rescue!

I hate fast food. I'm not sure if hate is a strong enough word for it. I abhor fast food in all it's forms, especially when it comes to my children. That said, we decided to let the children have Burger King for dinner as a reward for good behavior. We watched Phineas and Ferb on my phone while we waited for our food, laughing and having a good time. We even treated them to milk shakes with their dinner. This whole time, they were as good as can be. We looked like a "normal" family eating out. We didn't even get any funny looks! Then we got in the van to go home and it all went straight to hell.
Kevin and Rapunzel began fighting over everything in the van, including who's kid's meal toy was better. I took the tiara away and put it on my own head, which stopped the fighting and got some interesting looks from passing cars. I also took the monster truck toy and kept it up front with me. When we got home, the fighting carried over to Ben and Kevin. Suddenly everyone seemed to be at everyone's throat! I had enough time to think "what the hell was in those milk shakes?" before we heard Ben yelling "That's it, I'm done! I'm going to beat the crap out of you!" followed by Kevin crying. Time for Parental Intervention. Everyone brushed their teeth and got ready for bed. Melatonin was given and they all settled on our bed for story time. They laughed, they made up names for the characters in the story, and THEY GOT ALONG! It was as if the past 45 minutes never happened!
So I have now decided NO MORE FAST FOOD. EVER. And cinnamon flavored tooth paste is a cure all for grumpy, argumentative children. I wonder what new adventures await us tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment