Saturday while I was at work I got a text message that broke my heart. It said simply, "Rapunzel's tooth came out!" My baby girl lost her first tooth and I missed it?!?!?! That is simply not right! I am always there when my children lose their first teeth! I was devastated! When I got home that night, my daughter raced to the door to greet me and show me the space where her tooth had been. She was so excited and proud. She showed me the tooth and proudly proclaimed "There are no cavities in it, Mama!" Of course not, she's never had a cavity in her life, but she was so Proud. I smiled and praised her while my heart was breaking a little more. My baby girl is getting big and I am missing it (well, parts of it).
That is what got me thinking about how quickly my children are growing. Kevin will be 7 this month. 7! And Ben is about to reach double digits! I am not ready to have a pre-teen! This needs to slow down, it's making me feel a little woozy.
Then today, the unthinkable happened....Ben got his first pimple. And my poor Ben was so upset when we told him that it was indeed a pimple. He told me "I don't want to go through puberty!" Well of course he doesn't. Who would WANT to go through puberty? It sucks! I don't think you could pay me enough to go through puberty again. So we talked about the importance of proper hygiene, how to correctly wash your face (NOT with soap!) and where we keep the face wash, and the importance of using a moisturizer after washing. All things he's heard before, but maybe he listened a little better this time.
As for Kevin and Rapunzel, I am thinking it's time to put bricks on their heads to make them not grow so fast. Or maybe I should just get to work on that tower I've been threatening to build... I could make it big enough for all three of them...
No comments:
Post a Comment