How did I go from being a full-time student who was able to structure her school schedule around her children's schedules to being the parent with a job that doesn't pay near enough and looking for a second one just to make ends meat? Right now I am the only one working. Well, maybe that is not entirely fair. My husband has gone from being Active Duty National Guard (or AGR as they call it) and making plenty of money to support us to being regular Guard where he goes to drill once a month and doesn't make s#*t. RIght now he is lying upstairs in bed (admittedly he is coughing and all sniffly and stuff) while I update my resume so that I can go find a second job so that maybe, just maybe we can afford to pay our rent next month. And the worst part is that I am mad at him for being sick and in bed instead of out there finding a job! I know its not his fault that he is sick, especially since Kevin and I were both sick with fever and everything last week, but damn it we have bills to pay and I AM STARTING TO FREAK OUT NOW!!! I hate having to spend so much time away from my children, like this weekend when I have to work 3-11 Saturday and Sunday instead of getting to spend time with them. I hate not being the one here every night to tuck them in to bed, but at least The Daddy is here to do it in my absence. Don't get me wrong, I love my job and I get a huge sense of satisfaction at the end of my shift, but I miss being with my own children. Now I am about to go out there and try to pimp my skills (that sounds so dirty, doesn't it?) so that we can have enough money to just get by, which means even less time with my children. I knew moving across country and starting a new life would be hard, but this is beyond what I expected. Maybe I was a little naive in my expectations, but I have never found a challenge that I could not handle and I thought "Hey, I can do this."
This has turned into me rambling and griping and I'm sorry for that, but I guess I just needed to get that out. Now I am putting on my pretty high heal shoes and heading out there to pimp out my particular skill set and see if I can get a new job before my children come home from school (and yea, I said that again on purpose simply because it sounds dirty and I needed something to laugh about).
No comments:
Post a Comment