I woke up at 1:30am to the sound of the hallway smoke detector. Scared the s#*% out of me! Turns out that the batteries in that smoke detector decided it was a good time to go out. Worry not, we have another one in the basement, one in the kitchen, one in the living room, and one in each bedroom. I'll replace the battery tomorrow (or later today, I guess), but now I cannot go back to sleep. All 3 children slept through the whole thing, including me going room to room checking everything! I guess they really are their Daddy's children (he can sleep through a hurricane. Literally)!
So now it is 2:30am and I need sleep! I have to get up at 6:30 to get the children ready for school and the next 4 hours will make the difference between Laid-Back Mommy and Grouchy Mommy, but I just cannot relax. It's a new house (been here about 2 months) and I'm feeling paranoid. I'm hoping writing about it will help, but my husband seriously needs to get home so I don't have to deal with this s#*% by myself anymore.
Alright, I'm off to try sleep again. Hopefully all the other smoke detector batteries will have better manners.
No comments:
Post a Comment