Saturday, March 10, 2012
Sometimes you have to crack a little to keep from falling apart
Last night my kids stayed the night with my dad and step-mom because I had to work late. I hate letting my kids stay the night away from home. It's really hard for me when they are not in their beds, where they belong. I know its stupid and co-dependant, but its just how I am. Somehow I managed to get through the night and even got a little sleep (about 4 hours). Then I got a text message from my step-mom at 6:51 this morning saying the kids were ready to be picked up. When I got there, I was informed that Ben has been argumentative and disrespectful and Kevin was attacking his siblings. Then I was asked to buy overnight disposable underwear for Kevin because he wets the bed when he stays there. I know the bed wetting is directly tied to his emotions, so what the hell is upsetting him? Maybe I'm just being pathetic, but I'm 1400 miles away from my husband and every friend I have and now I have no one to talk to about any of this. My dad and step-mom are great, but they have no idea what I'm dealing with right now with the kids. The only time I've ever felt this alone was when my brother died. I'm feeling so completely alone on this. Wow, that sounds so pathetic, but sometimes you just have to get those feelings out so that you can gain a little more perspective. Sometimes you have to crack a little and let some of it out so that you don't completely fall apart. That's my theory anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment