Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and we are looking forward to a very chaotic morning. We are waking the children up early so that we can give them some cereal before we leave to visit my in-laws. Its only a 2 hour drive and my brother-in-law and his wife are making breakfast, but our children think they are starving to death if we do not feed them within 20 minutes of waking them up. Does it sound like I am complaining? Well I'm not. I'm actually very grateful that the children eat so well. You see, my boys both take medication to help with their ADHD and one of the most common side effects is loss of appetite. Since both boys are rather slender to begin with, I watch their food intake like the proverbial hawk. Since it will be so early in the morning, the boys will have to take their medicine on the road. This means it will be a bit... rowdy for the first half of the trip, but that's alright too because we have plenty of ways to keep them occupied. Maybe we will even get another video of the children singing along with the radio to add to our collection...
It really is the little things that make life so wonderful.
No comments:
Post a Comment