Today has been anything but normal. I knew things were a bit off when my son's woke up, asked to watch TV, and actually sat down and watched TV. Normally they would be bouncing on the sofas and yelling to each other about the show that they are watching. They are not bad in the morning, just extremely hyper. I actually had time to sit and drink a cup of coffee before they began bouncing off the walls.
Fast forward to this afternoon. The boys asked to play a video game while their sister and I took a nap. Expecting lots of arguing over the game, I told them that would be okay as long as they play nicely. Usually the boys are expected to lie down and rest during this time and we let them read if they want to, so playing video games instead is a big treat. Rapunzel and I laid down on the sofa to take our nap, hoping for the best and expecting the worst. Let me pause for a moment to say that my husband had to work today so it was just me and the children. I got onto the boys once about playing nicely as Rapunzel was dozing off, but that was because Kevin wanted his charactor to go in one direction and Ben wanted to go in another. Next thing I know, an entire hour has gone by and The Daddy was home. The boys played nicely the entire time and I got to take a little nap with my daughter!
So now I am wondering what tonight is going to be like. Is today just a really good day, or are we in for one hell of a night tonight? Fingers crossed!
No comments:
Post a Comment