It has been one of THOSE days. You know the ones. The days where you wish you could hit the rewind button and try again. The days where you wish you could crawl back in bed and pull the covers over your head and pretend that you are one of those "normal" people you hear about. Maybe its because we are only 16 days away from our big move. Maybe its just because its January and it gets dark so soon after the children get out of school so they are not getting enough outside play time. All I know is I could use a real stiff drink right about now.
Kevin spent about 20 minutes locked in his bathroom yelling through the door about how much he hates me and what a horrible mommy I am because I told him it was time to do homework. Sure, I could have picked the lock and gotten him out, but then I would have been tempted to spank his little butt and I know that would just make things worse. So instead I let him have his little meltdown in the privacy of his bathroom. It sure didn't seem to phase Ben and Rapunzel. They both did their homework and went about their own business as if there wasn't a 6 year old wild thing locked in the bathroom.
Usually I can deal with these outbursts. Usually I tell him that yes, I am the mean ol' mommy who sucks the fun out of everything and ignore him until he calms down. Not today though. I don't want to deal with this today. I stayed in the living room the whole time he was in there yelling at me. I tried to ignore it, but it made me mad. Oh so mad. So I just sat here.
Now it is almost 9:30PM and the children are all in bed. I can hear Ben in there sniffling (a symptom that started when we tried Focalin for his ADHD and didn't go away when we changed his medicine), but even he should be asleep soon. Meanwhile, The Daddy is playing video games and I am sitting here wondering why we don't keep alcohol in the house...
No comments:
Post a Comment