Monday, September 10, 2012

Back to School Block Party

It has been a while since I last wrote a blog. So much has happened that I don't even know where to start! The children have gone back to school and are getting along pretty well. So far Kevin is liking his new school and is reporting that he is making friends, but he never has anyone to play with after school except Ben and Rapunzel. Ben has made a friend in his class (which is HUGE news!) and they actually got to play together over the weekend! Rapunzel has discovered that one of her classmates lives right across the street, which makes her extremely happy becuase she is tired of being the only girl around (mom doesn't count of course). That leaves my poor Kevin all alone. Today when I got home from work he was so lonely! The Daddy was able to get him engaged in a video game with him (Kevin-Daddy play time), but that only helped him for a little while. He repeatedly asked when his brother would be coming home. It was obvious that he was miserable and bored! How do you make a 7 year old feel good about himself when his 10 year old brother and 5 year old sister have friends inviting them over to their houses and he is stuck home, friendless? I plan to have a talk with his teacher this week and see if there is a child he plays with in school with whom we can set up a play date, but I am worried for my little guy.This move has been hard on everyone and even after 8 months we are still not adjusted. The no friend issue is really hurting him. I'm afraid he's getting left behind. Time to put on the Mommy Thinking Cap. Hopefully I'll have an update soon with some good news for the little man. Maybe we just need to throw a Back-To-School Block Party. Time to fire up that grill....

No comments:

Post a Comment